Mary has been an avid yoga practitioner since taking her first yoga class pregnant with her second child in 2000. The joy she found in the practice ignited a need to share. As a mom, Mary began with the Full of Joy, Yoga for Children teacher training course in San Francisco. After finding her way back to Coronado in 2010, (Mary was born here) she found the time and space to complete her 200-hour certification to be able to teach to all ages. Mary continues to be a student of yoga, participating in workshops, classes, and learning from her students and life experience beyond yoga.
At Coronado Fitness Club, Mary offers multi-level yoga classes, grounded in the belief that yoga is for everybody and can be practiced anywhere. Blending stretching, strengthening, balancing, and relaxation in each class, Mary sequences postures to move from one to the other, increasing stamina and strength, finding the mind-body connection to allow breath to move the body through the sequence. “If you can breathe, you can do yoga” (BKS Iyengar). Mary is inspired daily by my family and nature. She is grateful to all the teachers who cross her path and strives to make her classes, and herself, open to all.
Experience and Credentials:
- Co-founder of The Peace Pause Project
- Yoga Alliance 200 hr RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher)
- 200 hr CYT (Certified Yoga Teacher) Deep Yoga Mastery of Life Teacher Training, Ginseng Yoga with Laura Plumb and Bhava Ram, San Diego CA
- 85 hr BeCalmed Pre/Post Natal Teacher Training, The Yoga Well with Melissa Booker, San Diego CA
- CPR - AED Certified, Adult, Child, Infant
- YMCA, San Francisco - YMCA Healthy Lifestyle Principles & Foundations of Group Exercise